The Drake Musing
1.09.2006
 
Tagged for the Fours
I have been tagged for the Fours by The Unseen Blogger. It seems as good a way as any to get back in the blogging saddle.

Four jobs you've had in your life:
Waiter, Collections Manager (absolutely the worst job in the world), Technical Services Manager, Business Intelligence Architect.

Four movies you could watch over and over:
Galaxy Quest, Raising Arizona, Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite.

Four places you've lived:
3 distinct areas in the 'Burgh region: Wilkinsburg, Homestead, and Beaver County. I also lived in Colorado Springs for several months when I was 19.

Four TV shows you love to watch:
The West Wing, Smallville, Scrubs, CSI.

Four places you've been on vacation:
Myrtle Beach SC, Jamaica, Virginia Beach, the New River Gorge.

Four websites you visit daily:
weather.com, The Drudge Report, Fox Sports, SLC Urban Princess.

Four of your favorite foods:
Steak (Porterhouse or Ribeye), Peas, Bacon, Roast Turkey.

Four places you'd rather be:
Colorado, Hawaii, Jamaica, in a hot tub with at least two naked, hot, babes.

Four albums you can't live without:
U2's four best: How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, All That You Can't Leave Behind, The Joshua Tree, and War.

Four+ to pass this meme along to:
Not gonna do it.

Comments:
Are you in the mood for a reprimand? I hope so. Those two hot, naked babes are figments of your imagination. In reality, they are two human beings, just like your daughter, whom you would not want anyone to disregard the humanity of in that manner.

Otherwise, happy new year.
 
Jeanne,

How does describing a scenario for a place that I'd rather be using the phrase 'two naked, hot babes' disregard the humanity of said babes?

And how do you know what I mean by hot? And how do you come to the conclusion that a scenario such as I described is demeaning in any way to women? I assume they want to be there, that they are enjoying the party as much as I am.

Figments? I think not. I know women who I find both hot and would be willing to enjoy such a scene, although not necessarily with me.

Despite your obvious distaste for such appellations, there are actually women out there who don't take offense to being called babes or chicks or hotties or whatever.

Beyond that, it was just a stupid blogging quiz. Nothing serious.

Take a chill pill.
 
oh, and Happy New Year to you as well.
 
I didn't mean there weren't such women. They would be ignoring your (and their own) humanity as much as you would be ignoring theirs (and your own).

It wasn't the words at all. It was the situation.
 
So, I guess you feel that enjoying the charms of the opposite sex when you have the freedom to do so falls outside the scope of our humanity?

Sorry, but I have to disagree.
 
I guess I just don't like the idea that you see them as sexual to the exclusion of their selves, which are always (aware or otherwise) searching for that someone. I don't have anything in particular against screwing around- you're the only one who can tell whether or not you should be doing it. But more than two people being present makes anything actually happening pretty unlikely.
 
Have I done something to cause you to moderate comments?
 
No, Jeanne, it wasn't you who caused my decision to moderate the comments. It was stupid spammers. And anonymous lurkers.

In fact, our repartee is one of the things that makes the blogging experience interesting for me.

I tend to agree with you that, despite the sexual context of the moment, most of us are still looking for our soulmate. It's just at this point, I'm pretty drained from my efforts with D and don't really have the time, energy or desire to start up anything with someone new, outside of the occasional bumping of the uglies. While the likelihood of anything such as I described actually happening is remote, a guy's got to have a dream, right?
 
Many dreams, even.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger