The Drake Musing
1.09.2006
 
Holiday Debrief
I've just come back to work after a two-week holiday vacation, which proved to be very eventful.

Here are some highlights:

Despite a late start and a nagging case of depression, I managed to pull Christmas together for the kids. They all got iPods, and I made a scrumptuous turkey dinner.

After five years of banging her head against the wall, the mother of my oldest son finally decided that he needed to live with me full time. This led to my second week of vacation, as I had to take time off to get him transferred to his new school -- no small task, considering the fact that no one from either district was available until Jan. 3rd.

D. threw a glass of champagne into my face on New Year's Eve because I bought some weed. This in spite of the fact that we had a wonderful day shopping for stuff for the house and my son's new bedroom. She got up and left first thing New Year's, depriving her sons of the chance to watch the last week of football with me. It just seems that her commitment to control overrides any commitment to the people she claims to love.

I got to watch the best holiday season of college football that I can remember. The National Championship game was awesome!

I began a remodeling project in my kitchen that is going to end up in Better Homes and Gardens.
I, along with the rest of the football-watching world, got to see a blatant demonstration of just how much of a bum Plaxico Burress is, as he just plain quit on his team and caused Eli Manning's third interception.

And, best of all, the Steelers kicked ass!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger