The Drake Musing
10.13.2005
 
Time to Begin Again
Last toke: 78 days
Last smoke: 71 days

my marriage is over. i have agreed to sign her papers. moreover, when going over some details on the tax filing implications, it's become clear that i can no longer maintain my living situation. you see, the only reason my 'wife' is still hanging around is because we are in a situation with the house. i lost my job right after we moved in, endured a couple of months of unemployment and had to file bankruptcy. Chapter 13, which means the court takes a certain percentage of my paycheck for about three years to pay back a portion of my debt to my creditors. i make too much money to just be 'discharged' under Chapter 7.

well, part of the way this works is that the court also pays the mortgage until the bankruptcy is over, which for me is mid-2007. Hopefully. However, without the extra income that my soon-to-be ex brings in, I can't afford to live there. plus, for some unknown reason, she claims that I will owe about $1700 in taxes. This despite the fact that my W4 has no deductions on it. Some kind of tax system where you owe money after your employer takes out the max from your check. There is also about $400 in local taxes.

so, my only real option is to ask the court to suspend the repayment plan for a couple of months to allow the bank to foreclose on the house. that will allow me to get some extra money to move and save for my taxes. who knows how I'm going to get the Christmas thing done this year.

from there, i hope to be able to find a cheap place to live near my kids, so that i can be more a part of their lives as they finish up school. since my job is going well, i should be able to float by, even after the court re-instates my plan to put me on subsistence living again.

the whole thing sucks, but it's simply my consequences. so i'll deal with it, and pray that God will be merciful. i'm approaching fifty, have no retirement plan, no real relationships other than my children, and very little meaningful activity in my life. everything has been, and will continue to be, about making sure that my children never know what it feels like to have their parents (at least their father) abandon them.

Comments:
Déja vu.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger