The Drake Musing
8.01.2005
 
I'm back, but I got nothin'
OK, time to get back on the blogging trail.

Since my life is so much of a jumble right now, and I can't even think straight, much less describe it in writing, I've lifted the following questionnaire from the Urban Princess. I guess this is a tag game, but I don't really care. No one tags me anyway. I guess I have cooties.

So here we go.

10 years ago, I was sweating and crying in my newly rented, third-floor apartment in New Brighton, having accepted that wife #2 hated me enough to crush my hopes in a happy, Christian family life after 10 years together. I then embarked on the decade-long sojourn to deal with the pain, which I'm not quite sure has ended yet.

5 years ago, I was playing a lot of golf, starting the worst job I've had in the IT field, and enjoying a roommate with benefits.

1 year ago, I was separated from D, but getting very close to convincing her to come back. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I was also enjoying a period of spiritual growth I had seen in over 15 years. Does stupidity equal spiritual growth?

yesterday I taught the first of three lessons on Christians and the Media in Sunday School and played 18 holes of golf in blistering heat. I shot 91. Not bad for not having played in nearly a month.

tomorrow I will hopefully get more done at work than I did today, work in my yard, and maybe have sex.

5 snacks I enjoy: I not really a snacks kinda guy. I snack on appetizers, such as spinach artichoke dip, quesedillas, wings, spring rolls and pot stickers.

5 bands/artists that I know the lyrics to most of their songs: U2 (of course), REM, the Beatles, Neil Young and the Cure.

5 things I'd do with $100M: first and foremost -- RETIRE, build/buy a sweet, but modest, house nearer to my kids, set up a fund for all of the kids to get a decent start in life, play golf every day, and get back in shape with the help of a personal trainer and nutritionist.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Colorado, Jamaica, Ireland, Arizona, San Diego.

5 bad habits I have: smoking weed, smoking cigarettes, masturbating, eating out when I can't afford it, getting involved with chicks with whom the only I have in common is the desire for sex.

5 things I like doing: smoking weed, smoking cigarettes, masturbating, eating out when I can't afford it, getting involved with chicks with whom the only I have in common is the desire for sex.

5 things I will never wear: a Speedo, a toupee, a thong, a trophy wife, bling.

5 TV shows I like: I don't watch TV since I cancelled satellite, but The West Wing, ER, Smallville, Buffy/Angel (I know they're both gone, but I like 'em, dog-gonnit!), ...er..., I can't think of a 5th. TV is such shit!

5 movies I like: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, A Very Long Engagement, Fargo, Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space.

5 people I'd like to meet: Bono, Bob Dylan, W, Condie Rice, Jesus (hopefully, I'll actually LIKE the encounter, seeing He's the only One I know I'm going to actually MEET, and I've got some 'splaining to do).

5 biggest joys at the moment: Their names are Brooklynn, August, Dechlan, Silas and Zeke.

5 favorite toys: my new, used 3-wood; my compound miter saw; my stash of illegal fireworks; my Palm Pilot (I play a lot of solitaire); and ... and... Shit! My life really sucks.

5 tagged (even though no one EVER tags me): Name Hidden, Willow, Thomas, Jeanne, and Sara Zarr.

Comments:
hey Hey HEY!!!!
*points* http://hiddenblog1.blogspot.com/2005/05/ive-been-tagged.html

What do you call that???

At least your blog party entries don't get ignored!

Thanks for the tag. I'll be posting tomorrow.
 
my bad, NH. you're the only one who loves me.
 
Glad you are back...sorry to here "you got nothin." You mention some names. Your kids I think. Then indeed you have something!

When you want to smoke the weed...stop - and take your children out for ice cream. the ice cream will put you in touch with your kids. whereas the weed pushes you further away from them.

what if they tell you they smoke weed? then what?

someday you will discover what you have!
 
Anon,

I already know what I have, thank you very much.

If they tell me they smoke weed? Somehow, it seems unlikely, as they have known love and acceptance their whole lives. There doesn't seem to be as much of a hole to fill.

However, given the world we live in, and the fact that they are sinners, it could happen.

Could be I ask them to twist one up. Could be I tell them that I won't stand idly by and watch them come to the place I've been. Not without a fight.

Could be that I tell them that they have to live with the consequences of their choices (which they do, just like me).

Ice cream doesn't draw us closer, nor does weed push us apart. I've make choices to be there when I wanted to run and hide.

What if well-meaning Christians actually stopped lying about how hard it is to live in this world knowing the truth and having to deal with spouses and parents who don't love them? What if we just bagged the Easy Bake answers and just admitted that sometimes all we can do is hang on and wait for God to show up?
 
God doesn't just "show up." He is there the whole time, watching. I sin. And sin. And sin again. And beg God's forgiveness. But yet I sin again.

We keep hanging on. We have to. It is our cross. Sometimes we look for more crosses. Sometimes the burden is much more than we want. But we jsut keep picking up more crosses.

God is there! And he will remain there for you, me and evryone else that knows Him.

Greater good wins! Evil ways lose everytime.

You keep hanging...Stay on the path he would have you on....it seems you have some good going on too..

i am happy for you...
 
Oh, just FYI, Thomas is on vacation this week, as is Willow.
 
I'm back and I participated ...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger