The Drake Musing
3.21.2005
 
Weekend Bits
This weekend was a pretty good one for The Drake. I performed a comic bit at church for the Palm Sunday service on Saturday night and twice on Sunday. It went pretty well, despite a couple of dropped lines, and it was good to get back into the dramatic thing after so many years.

D. and I have been getting along very well recently. We spent Sat. afternoon shopping and discussing plans for the house -- which we are going to start working on again with a renewed vigor. We bought a new router table to help with some of the stuff I have to build.

We are going to re-model our powder room, and have come up with some pretty spiffy ideas. I am pretty happy about our renewed cooperation and hope we can use this time to grow closer in intimacy.

There are still some minor frustrations which I have to learn to deal with more positively. The dog is still nowhere near housebroken, and we are beginning a new method this week -- which has to be more effective than me making the poor thing piddle every time I react to her latest transgression.

Anyone want a six-month old Shih Tzu?

The stepkids are also continuing to provide me with daily challenges, like finding batteries in the dryer this morning. This after telling them dozens of times to stop taking them out of the remotes. Ever see what battery acid does to clothing? Not pretty.

Anyone want a couple of adorable, energetic boys? Please?

Comments:
A comic bit on Palm Sunday? Somehow I can't imagine. Life as the donkey's colt? Hilarious things to make with your palm fronds? Jerusalem crowd scene hijinx? Do tell!
 
That's right, I did comedy! The drama director found it in sketch collection called Pew Prompters.

Here's a blurb about it I found online.

"It's the Palm Sunday parade, and Bernie Clenchfist thinks he can bring a rock to do his praising for him. This short piece moves from the comedy of an outrageous character to the sincere worship of a believer as Bernie overcomes his self-consciousness and boldly worships Jesus."

I did a nerd caricature. I know, it's a bit of a stretch, but anything for my craft. I got more of a response out of the transformation bit at the end than I did laughs, but I thought I was funny. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger