The Drake Musing
3.18.2005
 
Retraction
It's become necessary for me to make a public repentance for my comments in yesterday's post to The Urban Princess.

In response to your response:

Ouch.

First, let me say that it was never my intention to offend you in any way. I was merely trying to respond to the closing question in your 'drunken' post -- "Why is being honest about what we're feeling deep deep down so hard?" On reflection it appears I did so poorly. Mea culpa.

Second, my opening comment should have been more specifically tied to that question, and I fell into the trap of writing in absolutes, instead of owning up to the fact that I'm speaking primarily from my own experience. I don't know you. I only really know me, and sometimes I even wonder about that. Suffice it to say, that your post and that final question triggered an empathy in me. An empathy which I obviously failed to communicate in my vain attempt to make some grand statement about the human condition.

Please accept my apologies.

Third, I'm glad that you still drop by from time to time. And thank you for setting me straight.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger