The Drake Musing
3.01.2005
 
Note to Anonymous Redux
Recently, I've been getting quite a bit of comments posted under anonymous. It's clear that there is more than one of you out there, unless we're dealing with a split personality.

One of you seems to be trying to encourage me, and another appears to be quite annoyed with me. It also seems like there could be a third (or even more) lurking out there and tossing in a few innocuous comments. For instance, someone shared a link to a blog called Kingdom Seeker. I'd like to thank that person, for I find a kindred spirit in this young man's writings.

Anyway, what I'd like to say to all of you, however many there may be, is that I'd like to be able to tell you apart. Please leave some sort of handle at the end of your posts, something made up that maintains your anonymity, reflects your POV and helps me not to be confused. Most of all, I'd like to be engaged in meaningful dialogue where it makes sense.

Some things I'd like to know about you:

1. How old are you?
2. Gender?
3. Where are you located?
4. Are you a believer and follower of Jesus Christ?
5. If so, what is your theological tradition (e.g. - evangelical, Catholic, Reformed, Arminian, fundamentalist, etc.)?
6. If not, why do you read this blog?
7. Who do you admire most?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shalom!

Comments:
Isn't the point of posting anonymously to be anonymous?
 
I'm not sure what the point of posting anonymously is in the first place, but it's possible to share the info I've requested and remain anonymous.

I share a huge amount about myself, but you probably don't know who I am.

If you don't want to share, that's your perfect right.
 
1. 37

2. F
3. Texas

4. No

5. Tibetan Buddhism is probably the closest we could hit in a casual conversation, without cluttering up your comments excessively.

6. I drop in every now and then -- the Kingdom Seeker link was my last visit, in fact (glad you liked it, btw).

It is very easy to relate to those with similar viewpoints; however, I believe that growth is achieved through the ability to accept those with whom we differ.

While we are all very different, we are all also very much the same. Sometimes it can be very difficult to remember our experiences are not unique once we step past the superficial.

Your blog is an interesting read, and you come across as being very sincere in your quest.

7. I try to avoid admiring people. Actions, yes. Choices, yes.

The problem with heroes and role models is that there is a very real attempt to make them seem more than they are -- as if they were destined for greatness or admiration, rather than having achieved it because of a specific choice.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger