The Drake Musing
3.15.2005
 
Late Entry to Blog Party
I missed the blog party hosted by MCF where we name our favorite sitcom supporting characters. I'm going to toss in my two cents. anyway.

1. Nicholas Colasanto as Coach from Cheers.

2. Bernard Fox as Colonel Crittendon from Hogan's Heroes (also as Dr. Bombay from Bewitched)

3. And I can't figure how no one put this guy on their list -- David Hyde Pierce as Dr. Niles Crane from Frazier. One of the funniest bits I ever saw on TV was his opening to the 1999 Valentine's Day episode, where he notices a crease in his trousers, pulls out the ironing board, and ends up passed out on the floor after fainting from seeing his own blood. Priceless! I almost passed out myself from laughing so hard.

Comments:
You know, Niles Crane is one of the greatest characters. The episode of which you speak is CLASSIC TV. But I remain convinced that the writers stole that bit from Rowan Atkinson's Mr. Bean. Even so, what other character could convincingly deliver the line, "I'll crush you like a late-harvest Gewurztraminer!" ? I love Niles.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger