The Drake Musing
12.06.2004
 
100 Things You May Not Know About Me (Part 2)

69.  I am impulsive.  I tend to make major decisions in the spur of the moment.  Hence, the 3 marriages.
68.  I've been called 'The Grinch', but I actually really enjoy the holidays.
67.  The last work of fiction I read was Tom Clancy's Red Rabbit.
66.  I couldn't wait to buy U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, but I like All You Can't Leave Behind better.
65.  My favorite TV shows this year are Smallville and The West Wing. 
64.  My favorite TV show of all time is probably Northern Exposure.
63.  I will never again spend money on anything put out by Bruce Springsteen.
62.  I used to wait on tables for a living.  As a result, I will tip generously any server who puts forth an honest effort, but will stiff anyone who conveys indifference or annoyance.

61.  Speaking of tipping, I always leave a tip that will result in an even dollar amount when added to the bill.  Does anyone else do this?  It feels kinda OCD.

60.  I use my left hand to write and eat, but I do all athletic things (throwing, golfing) right-handed.
59.  My favorite actor is Johnny Depp, heartthrob status notwithstanding.
58.  My favorite actress was Meryl Streep, but I'd probably go with Nichole Kidman now.
57.  I have a weird food allergy to raw carrots, apples, celery, peaches and certain kinds of nuts.  Any time I eat any of these foods, I get an 'itching' reaction inside my mouth and throat.  If I ingest too much, I can have an anaphalytic episode.   Bad news.  However, I can eat any of these foods cooked.  Take that, raw food nazis!

56.  I wore my hair in an afro when I was 15.
55.  I rarely wear cologne and despise it when anyone -- man or woman -- over-indulges.
54.  I was given the nickname Gopher in junior high school by this weasel of a kid whom I beat up regularly.  In fact, I was beating him up at the time.

53.  My favorite meal is a Porterhouse steak, baked potato w/ sour cream and asparagus.
52.  My favortie dessert is Tiramisu with coffee.
51.  I am a morning person.
50.  I am a more thankful person with each day I wake up alive.


Comments:
It is a fact that NX is the greatest show ever on the tube.
 
Never saw it.

And I agree with you about Depp. He is a great actor.

Here's a question... Do you leave a tip in a whole dollar amount whenever you are writing it into a recipt or all the time (putting dollars and change on the table)? It might be a function of being a "J". I tend to leave exactly 10, 15, or 20%, depending on the service. 10% for indifference, 15% for average effort, and 20% for exceptional effort. At annoyance, I will leave 1 cent, just so they don't think "Oh, he just forgot to leave a tip." Not that I'm antagonistic enough to do that... ;)
 
NH, i almost always tip on the plastic, but on the rare occasions that i use cash, i tend to round up what i leave on the table to a whole dollar amount. but it depends on the service. poor or indifferent service gets as close to 10% as the cash in my pocket will allow, so i round down. excellent service will get 20% or more in a whole dollar amount on the tip. i don't want to burden an excellent server with the weight of my excess pocket change.

a poor or average server, however, is almost guaranteed to get every nickel, dime and penny in my pocket. in fact, if everyone followed my example, you would be able to tell how good a server was by the lack of coin jingling as they walk up to your table.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger