The Drake Musing
11.24.2004
 
10 Things I'm Thankful For

In the spirit of the holiday, I am thankful:

10.  that Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team.  We have Tom Murphy, and that's bad enough.

9.  for the return to dominance of my beloved Steelers!  I missed the last Super Bowl win to attend an evening Pentecostal service.  I was 19.  I've never gotten over it.

8.  for my beautiful Miss Maddie, the Shih Tzu puppy, despite the fact that she woke me up this morning at 2:30 to take her out.

7.  for God's mercy displayed in the fact that i haven't yet had my first heart attack.

6.  that I am the one cooking the turkey and fixings.

5.  for my consulting gig at Heinz.  It's just been extended into 2005, and i've got a great boss and work that challenges me.

4.  for my wonderful children.  They make me laugh, and i am enjoying watching them grow into the kind of adults i can hang around with.

3.  for second chances.  I've had more than my share.

2.  for the privilege of seeing prayers answered.  God is truly wonderful and amazing.

1.  for the gift of salvation in Jesus Christ, and a host of other blessings and privileges i don't come close to deserving.


Comments:
That, sir, is an excellent list.

#10... you go that right!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger